Martin Authentic Series D-18 Authentic 1939 Aged Acoustic Guitar - With Case
Pictures simply cannot do justice to the rich and tasteful aging that the master craftsmen at Martin performed on this stunning guitar. Having seen and held vintage Martins from this era, Martin did an incredible job at replicating the authentic look, feel, and tone of an 80 year old Martin guitar that's been well loved and well played. This is one of the most beautiful pieces we've had come through our shop.
A new guitar that looks and sounds like it’s been played for 80 years, the Aged version of the acclaimed D-18 Authentic 1939 includes all of the goodness that comes with Martin’s Authentic Series instruments, like hide glue construction and hand-scalloped X-bracing—plus the VINTAGE TONE SYSTEM® (VTS) that ages the wood to replicate the sound of a vintage Martin. But we didn’t stop there. We’ve now taken this amazing model and methodically, painstakingly distressed it, inside and out, in all the right places. The result is a tactile, visual, and auditory experience that will transport you all the way back to the 1930s. And we know you’re going to like it there.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back and Side Finish: Vintage Gloss - Aged
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1939 Rearward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1939
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany